RaspbmcCrystalbuntu

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
how about cases, what are people using?
06-23-2012, 05:46 PM
how about cases, what are people using?
I was curious what many are housing their rpi in?

I'll try to see if this image works an rpi on top of a atv for size comparison.

[Image: QgpQzl.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2012, 06:25 PM
RE: how about cases, what are people using?
I'm in the process of designing mine.

Luckily I decided to retrain as an Architect (from a Graphic/Product Designer) at University, so I have access to a laser cutter, 3D printer and 12 years of design/CAD experience Tongue

I'll post the files up when I've completed it so anyone can make one (I'll be making a wooden laser cut one 1st as a termporary, then upgrading to an extruded one).

Good job I'm a good ol' Open Source kinda guy Wink
06-23-2012, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2012 06:53 PM by lead.)
(06-23-2012 06:25 PM)Kelticfox Wrote:  I'm in the process of designing mine.

Luckily I decided to retrain as an Architect (from a Graphic/Product Designer) at University, so I have access to a laser cutter, 3D printer and 12 years of design/CAD experience Tongue

I'll post the files up when I've completed it so anyone can make one (I'll be making a wooden laser cut one 1st as a termporary, then upgrading to an extruded one).

Good job I'm a good ol' Open Source kinda guy Wink

hymmm right now itsss......ahhh..........legoBlush took me an hour and lost alot hair toooo, plenty of money went in the swear jar!!!

now factor in the outrageaous cost of supporting my 9yr old's lego obession since he was 4...carry the 2...+tax and shipping.... I'd say in comparison to your 12yrs of higher education+ plus laser cutter etc... mine probably cost moreHuh dohhhhhhhh!
06-23-2012, 07:26 PM
http://www.raspberryrock.com is what im using.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Nothing as pretty, but i'm using lego as well. The problem is I wanted the power lead and the sd card away from little fingers, as it lives in my wee boys room. so every now and again, well to often to be honest, I need to pull it apart to re image the card or pull the plug for a reset. DOH!
06-23-2012, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2012 11:35 AM by xbs.)
Lego too.

[Image: IMG_20120609_103016.jpg]

* Samsung 8GB SDHC Class 10 (MB-MP8GA)
* Patriot Supersonic Boost XT 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
* Energizer Charger 5V/1000mA
* MCE RC6 Remote
* Confluence@720p
* ARM@1000/CORE@500/SDRAM@600/OV@6
* up_threshold@50
06-23-2012, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2012 05:19 AM by mikezoe65.)
Made from odds and ends lying about- two sheets of clear polycarbonate and the square section pillars from 4 plastic chopsticks drilled through. There are 4 small solid round pieces from the thin end of the sticks glued with superglue to stop the Rpi from moving within its cage. There are two pieces of rubber pond liner which sit underneath the Rpi (away from the SDcard mounting cage and above the Broadband connector housing). There are 8 self tapping screws holding the cage together. Total cost £0!
http://flic.kr/p/cjkXtq
06-23-2012, 09:09 PM
I've also printed out the Punnet case on the official Raspberry Pi forums onto transparent OHP film and it looks pretty good, just not enough weight to it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-23-2012, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2012 10:29 PM by lead.)
I was thinking about using a large piece of lego matt an 8x10 size.drill 4 holes to match where the wall mount holes are on the back of the lcd screw it down. And just stick, I mean lego the lego X-pi box right to it. It holds tight to those mats and you wouldn't even see it and could come off on as much as you needed it too.
06-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Right now I have mine in the box it was shipped to me in. Confused cut out holes for the connections and there it sits.. Definitly onlu temporary as it is not at all pretty.