RaspbmcCrystalbuntu

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Raspbmc quirks
11-21-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: Raspbmc quirks
(11-21-2012 05:25 PM)walleee Wrote:  That doesn't sound like a very effective sleep timer on your TV...

When I set my sleep timer the TV turns off and goes to standby. Surely if you just cut the hdmi signal the TV will remain on, with it's backlight on, sucking up power?

What model TV have you got?

Oh, I see what you're saying, an actual timer that says turn off in 30 minutes or whatever. My timer is when it received no signal for 10 minutes or whatever you set it for, it powers off. I'll have to see if there's an actual timer like you said.

(11-21-2012 05:52 PM)ActionA Wrote:  jjr, have you tried to disable fan art in the media views to see if the laggy effect you are seeing is remedied?

I never enabled it in the first place. Just viewing it as a list of all the directories containing my movies/TV shows.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Im pretty sure there will be it's usually standard.

I kinda thought you had misunderstood me but wasn't sure. My way of looking at it is the Pi can stay powered up for days, months and it costs nothing, the TV being on (rather than being on standby, which is what a sleep timer should do) will cost alot, plus if it's 'on' even a black screen wont be as black as a turned off screen...

Search The Forum

(11-22-2012 10:55 PM)walleee Wrote:  Here is what you can expect from RC5

http://youtu.be/9KpAbuZ_4b0
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I don't really care about power consumption of the Pi, just the life of my TV.
12-13-2012, 02:27 PM
(11-21-2012 03:13 PM)jjr Wrote:  My first question is does anybody else lag on huge media libraries?

I have this problem as well.

Something I have been thinking about (I don't know anything about programing, I'm only on step 2 of code academy for python).....Would being able to download the cover art to the pi's sd card speed this up? I normally use the iOS xbmc remote app (iPhone) and just started using the andriod xbmc remote app (tablet). I noticed that with the andriod tablet app you can select to download all the cover art to the tablets micro sd card. Is this something that helps speed things up to help fix this problem?
12-13-2012, 02:31 PM
I left cover art disabled since I don't really need it and I figured it would slow things down. To me it's just a big list of my movies.

I think my SD card got corrupted as my RPi won't boot anymore, nothing but a red light, so I'm waiting on a couple more to get delivered, as well as a new power supply just to try it out. I tried it with a Blackberry charger that put out 700 mA and it was the same, have a couple 2 amp adapters on the way to test those out.