RaspbmcCrystalbuntu

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
[Alpha] usb sound cards support for raspbmc
11-24-2012, 08:41 PM
RE: [Alpha] usb sound cards support for raspbmc
Glad its working for you.

256MB is assigned to GPU for HD video and image acceleration etc. My 256MB pi only has 128MB free memory.

(11-24-2012 08:39 PM)GermanBrummi Wrote:  Yeah I just noticed a sound coming outta my headset ! thx so very much Big Grin

By the way, under system info my raspi shows total memory 256mb , although i bought the 512mb version via a reseller in my country ?

did he betray me does the info not show the 256mb graphical ram ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2012, 08:44 PM
ah ok good for me (and him ^^).

Sound runs clean and smooth, yet my Pi is at about 90% loaded and the mouse is soo slow. Is there a chance that it will improve over the future updates ?
11-24-2012, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2012 08:48 PM by s7mx1.)
What audio file did you play? Did you use top to get load?

After the audio file is playing better exit to the home menu to save cpu cycle.

From my experience never boot with usb sound card attached as this will cause a lot problems.

(11-24-2012 08:44 PM)GermanBrummi Wrote:  ah ok good for me (and him ^^).

Sound runs clean and smooth, yet my Pi is at about 90% loaded and the mouse is soo slow. Is there a chance that it will improve over the future updates ?
11-24-2012, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2012 08:53 PM by GermanBrummi.)
I am playing apple lossless I think. The high usage and slow mouse are there even if music is stopped.

"Did you use top to get load?" I don't understand that sentence, sry no native speaker.

Edit :

90% load without playing, 100 % load while playing, visualization disabled
11-24-2012, 08:54 PM
(11-24-2012 08:50 PM)GermanBrummi Wrote:  I am playing apple lossless I think. The high usage and slow mouse are there even if music is stopped.

"Did you use top to get load?" I don't understand that sentence, sry no native speaker.

the load displayed on xbmc gui is not accurate. To get accurate load you need to use putty and then ssh into your pi to check. Google it if you are not sure.

I tried playing back flac and see the load is below 50%. I guess your problem maybe power related as it does not matter if the music is playing or not. You could give a remote app a try.
11-24-2012, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2012 09:08 PM by GermanBrummi.)
Ah ok, Iwill check now.

As I tried to start the shoutcast addon whilst playing music, my pi restarted itself .

I have a 1.200mA/6v socket connector so I doubt the electricity is the problem.

Are you experiencing a slow menu as well ?

Well ok the usage is at 65% during apple lossless play, Thats ok by me
11-24-2012, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2012 09:11 PM by s7mx1.)
(11-24-2012 09:04 PM)GermanBrummi Wrote:  Ah ok, Iwill check now.

As I tried to start the shoutcast addon whilst playing music, my pi restarted itself .

I have a 1.200mA/6v socket connector so I doubt the electricity is the problem.

Are you experiencing a slow menu as well ?

Not really. I would suggest to turn off skin sound and only attach usb sound card when pi is fully booted up.

======================
Try super mode (performance profile under raspbmc settings) if you have raspbmc installed on usb. This should improve the menu speed a lot.
11-24-2012, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2012 09:39 PM by GermanBrummi.)
I changed the clock profile to super and disconnected hdd/usb sound, then restarted. After the restart the Menu and mouse were normal in speed. Cool !

After the reboot it said : the configtxt of the addon was different than mine and wether I want to load it. I clicked no. What does it mean ?

The only thing now thats pushing the cpu to 100 percent limits in putty are the plug-ins ^^ But they are not as slow as before in their search it seems to me.
11-24-2012, 09:44 PM
(11-24-2012 09:37 PM)GermanBrummi Wrote:  I changed the clock profile to super and disconnected hdd/usb sound, then restarted. After the restart the Menu and mouse were normal in speed. Cool !

After the reboot it said : the configtxt of the addon was different than mine and wether I want to load it. I clicked no. What does it mean ?

The only thing now thats pushing the cpu to 100 percent limits in putty are the plug-ins ^^ But they are not as slow as before in their search it seems to me.

It means one of the two things
1) /boot/config.txt was modified by hand
2) potential sd card corruption

If its 1) then I would suggest check yes when prompted when xbmc starts up next time.
11-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Hmm, strange. my card works just (I think) fine and i didn't manipulate the config.txt

I will test it the card over the time and hope it everything will be alright.