RaspbmcCrystalbuntu

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Alpha] usb sound cards support for raspbmc
10-06-2012, 11:46 PM
RE: [Alpha] usb sound cards support for raspbmc
(10-06-2012 10:44 PM)philicious Wrote:  are u both sure that its playing over AudioEngine (AE) with pulseaudio ?

ssh into the Pi and execute during audio/video playback "pactl list sink-inputs"

I get a "Connection failure: Timeout" when I try to issue that command during audio playback.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2012, 01:11 AM
(10-06-2012 11:46 PM)tgregor Wrote:  
(10-06-2012 10:44 PM)philicious Wrote:  are u both sure that its playing over AudioEngine (AE) with pulseaudio ?

ssh into the Pi and execute during audio/video playback "pactl list sink-inputs"

I get a "Connection failure: Timeout" when I try to issue that command during audio playback.

Then I am pretty sure RC5 is not built with pulseaudio/AE enabled and using the "old" way
10-24-2012, 11:44 PM
on RC5, I have managed to follow the instructions and get my DAC's C-Media USB chipset to be recognised within the AE enabled XBMC.

I can stream video from iPlayer, iTV, etc with audio however Audio/Video is out of sync
I cannot play audio files as the whole system hangs.

Also I noticed that if I change the .current xbmc to latest nightly or released version the putty/ssh connection is working, otherwise I get a network connection error if the AE enabled XBMC is the .current.

Also I have the 512MB Model B board however the system settings only report 256MB of system memory. I did a fresh raspbmc install 2 days ago
10-25-2012, 12:28 AM
256 * 2 = 512.

That's fine.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-26-2012, 01:08 PM
(10-24-2012 11:44 PM)gvelim Wrote:  on RC5, I have managed to follow the instructions and get my DAC's C-Media USB chipset to be recognised within the AE enabled XBMC.

I can stream video from iPlayer, iTV, etc with audio however Audio/Video is out of sync
I cannot play audio files as the whole system hangs.

Also I noticed that if I change the .current xbmc to latest nightly or released version the putty/ssh connection is working, otherwise I get a network connection error if the AE enabled XBMC is the .current.

Also I have the 512MB Model B board however the system settings only report 256MB of system memory. I did a fresh raspbmc install 2 days ago

The system hangs indeed with mp3 files.

I hope it gets updated.
10-27-2012, 09:36 AM
One more question here - if I do go forward with the recommended changes, are they going to be lost with a RC-like update?
Also, are there any plans on integrating this functionality into official branch?
10-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Since a few days I have been experimenting with Raspbmc on my new RaspPi. But there are still some issues I cannot quite seem to solve. One of these issues is that their is noise on the sound. For instance when you start, stop or pause any media that uses the sound, there is a loud 'pok'(don't know how to better describe it in English Tongue). Also during playback, there is sometimes a minor noise on the sound. I noticed that the noise get's louder when the CPU is working harder.

I read quite some topics on this forum, but I don't hear anybody else experiencing this problem.. I tried different SD cards(Sandisk 2gb class , kingston 8gb class 10) and different power supplies(iPhone, HTC, b-brand). Also connected a powered USB hub for the keyboard. But nothing solved it... Now I wonder does anyone think it might help to use a usb soundcard?
11-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Hi, i get a "no such file" error at
Code:
cp ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml.orig

I'm using latest Raspbcm (downloaded today).
I guess something changed since these instructions were originally posted.

With original debian distribution form raspberry web site, typing
Code:
cat proc/asound/cards
gives
Code:
0 [Device ]: USB-Audio - USB Multimedia Audio Device
C-Media Electronics Inc. USB Multimedia Audio Device at usb-bcm2708_usb-1.3, fu

thanks for any hint
11-03-2012, 02:18 PM
(11-01-2012 11:38 AM)lviggiani Wrote:  Hi, i get a "no such file" error at
Code:
cp ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml.orig

That is probably because the advancedsettings.xml is not always made automatically. You can just skip that line and it should all work.

Is it possible to get this working in one of the latest nightlies? Because in the pulseaudio nightly build from step 2 I cannot seem to be able to access my NFS shares. The whole process works good though on my Sennheiser USB soundcard (I think it did, I could only play a YouTube video, as I couldnt access my media file. that worked good, only got a bit out of sync due to the buffering).
11-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi, I'm wondering if current release of raspbmc (or highly) actually supports audio engine....
I'm asking so because if I use the build indicated in this thread, the audio engine setting are shown in the xbcm system menu but I cannot see them with release build even if the advancedsetting.xml contains
Code:
<audio>
    <audioengine>true</audioengine>
</audio>
Thanks